The South Central AIDS Education & Training Center would like to invite you to participate in HIV/AIDS Preceptorships. By participating in a preceptorship, you will enhance your knowledge and skills in the treatment of persons with HIV.
The objective of a preceptorship is to improve & increase knowledge, clinical skills and increase confidence to make appropriate clinical decisions in the treatment of the individual with HIV/AIDS. Please review the information below for more details.
Clinical Observation with an experienced HIV provider. You will be able to observe clinical care in an HIV clinic and have the opportunity to ask questions as you learn.
Who can participate?
Physicians, Physician assistants, nurses, advanced practice nurses, pharmacists, dentists or other health care professionals providing direct patient care to persons with HIV.
- Candidates will be asked to commit 1-3 days to attend this training depending on the type of preceptorship program.
- All candidates will pre-register & complete pre & post-test.
- All candidates must comply with the standards for placement with the agency hosting the preceptorship.
- Not all applicants may be eligible for a preceptorship.
*CE’s are not available, however Certificates of Attendance are available upon request.
As a preceptorship participant, you will be required to fulfill the following requirements to complete the process:
- Choose a Specialty Preceptorship from the available options listed in the section below entitled, “Available Specialty Preceptorships” by clicking on the button below.
- Complete the Online trainings for that specialty preceptorship.
- Attend a clinical training in person.
Possible topics for Preceptorship:
- Case Management
- Hepatitis C
- HIV 101
- Mental Health
- Provider (MD/NP, PA)
If you would like to request additional information or schedule a Preceptorship, please contact the Coordinator in your area: