What is the South Central AIDS Education & Training Center (SCAETC)?
The South Central AIDS Education & Training Center (SCAETC) is 1 of 8 regional offices of the AIDS Education and Training Center (AETC) Program. The AETC Program is the professional training arm of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program. One of the largest and most comprehensive professional education programs dedicated to HIV/AIDS, the AETC Program was developed by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Public Health Service, and the Department of Health and Human Services to provide customized, multi-disciplinary training programs for healthcare providers treating persons living with HIV/AIDS within all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
Our primary goal: improve the treatment, management, diagnosis, and counseling for individuals with HIV/AIDS by
- Removing barriers to primary care services to ensure equitable access to care for historically under-served minority populations,
- Providing CARE-Act clients with high quality care, and
- Reducing HIV-related morbidity and mortality by enhancing the clinical skills of providers through different levels of training.
AETC Training and Education activities include, but are not limited to:
- Didactic or lecture-based presentations
- Interactive skills building workshops
- Preceptorship (clinic-based practicum)
- Clinical Consultation (provider-driven requests for clinical information)
- Technical Assistance (resolution of organizational or programmatic issues about HIV service delivery)
What states does the SCAETC serve?
The South Central AETC specifically covers an area spanning 5 states:
Each state has its own local performance sites (LPS) as part of the SCAETC. These LPSs are also termed “regional offices” or “partner sites.” For more information on each of these including locations, please click on the individual states.
Where is this Central Office located?8435 Stemmons, Ste. 1125
Dallas, TX 75247
Ph.) 214.590.6686 or
Hours) 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CST/CDT
Faculty and Staff:
|Henry Pacheco, MD
|Arti Barnes, MD, MPH
Regional Clinical Director
C. Mark Nichols, DDS
Regional Dental Director
Rachel Galarza, MSHCM
Brent Pimentel, MD, MPH
Texas Program Manager
Emeka Jay Ohagi, PhD, MPH
Michon Poole, BA
Data Analyst II
Elizabeth Kaster, MS
M. Hamed Husain, BS, CGMS
Finance/Grants Operations Analyst