Call for Abstracts
|Call for Abstracts – 03/6/17|
|Abstract Submission Deadline – 05/15/17|
|Abstract Selection Notification – 05/20/17|
Abstract Submission Criteria:
This conference invites submissions related to quantitative, qualitative, clinical outcomes, translational research, best practices, case reports and evidence-based interventions that lead to policies in prevention, treatment and management of HIV infection in Women. They must be submitted under one of the following tracks:
3. POLICY-MAKING AND ADVOCACY
• Abstracts must NOT contain more than 300 words and should represent original work that is directly related to the conference objectives.
• All abstracts must be submitted in either PDF or DOC formats.
• All abstracts must be submitted in English.
• The author is responsible for all grammatical and factual details. No revisions will be accepted after the initial submission.
• The interdisciplinary nature of the conference delegates should be kept in mind when writing the abstract.
• Define all abbreviations and concepts in your abstract at first use.
• For therapeutic agents, only generic names may be used (trade names are not permitted).
• Tables, figures, literature references, pictures and acknowledgements should not form any part of the abstract’s content.
• Three abstract presenters will be selected for a travel award which will include travel and lodging expenses
• Abstracts will be published as submitted, subject to reformatting that may be required by the Conference Organizers.
All abstracts must contain the following:
- Authors, in the following order: principal (presenting) followed by others in alphabetical order
- Content must contain at least the following group of elements, according to the type of data presented.
- Best Practices:
- Description (including setting)
- Lessons learned
- Evidence Based Policy-making Interventions
- Disclosures (funding sources)
- All submitted abstracts should report information not previously published, or intended to be published, prior to April 27, 2008
• Submit abstracts via email. Please click here to submit your abstract.
• Faxed or mailed abstracts will not be considered.
• The author is responsible for all grammatical and factual details. No revisions will be accepted after the initial submission
• The main author will be notified by e-mail of receipt of the abstract.
• All submitted abstracts will be considered for oral or poster presentations.
• Abstract submission has been extended to May 15, 2017.
• All submissions will be acknowledged upon successful submission via e-mail
• The Conference Scientific Subcommittee will review all abstracts for the quality and originality of their research, scientific content, and presentation. A notice of acceptance or rejection will be sent via e-mail no later than May 20, 2017.
• Accepted abstracts will be in one of two categories: oral presentation session or poster presentation.
• Abstracts are considered official communication to the conference. Authors agree to register for and attend the conference, presenting abstracts as scheduled. Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings. Submission of an abstract implies permission to publish, if accepted.
Specifications for Accepted Abstracts Poster
• The content should address all areas outlined in the abstract format
• Graphics, tables, pictures must be included
• Mounting board space is 8’L X 4’H
• Posters should fit within the specified dimensions
• 10 presentation, 5 minutes for discussion
• PowerPoint preferred presentation tool